Movie Score: 4 / 5
Premier League side Newcastle United are bracing themselves for a flurry of enquiries for French right back Mathieu Debuchy once he returns from his World Cup duties with the French national team after some of the top European teams registered their interest in the former Lille wing back.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is a keen admirer of the Frenchman and the club has been linked with a move for the powerful wing back following the free transfer of Bacary Sagna to Premier League champions Manchester City.
And now, the likes of AS Roma, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint Germain are all keeping a close watch on developments as the race for his signature gets hotter after a brilliant start to the World Cup for both France and the player.
Debuchy joined Newcastle United in January 2013 from Lille and is under contract with the Magpies till the summer of 2018 but that has not deterred the top European heavyweights in weighing up a move for the player.
The player himself has previously expressed a desire to leave the club stating that he wants to play regularly in the UEFA Champions League, something that the club cannot offer him and the club bosses are keen to sit down for talks with the player and his agent once he returns for training after the World Cup.
France has already reached the knockout stages of the competition where they are set to meet Nigeria with the prospect of meeting the winners of the Argentina versus Algeria clash in the quarter finals.
His involvement with France means he will take a break once the tournament is over for the team and the delay already has Newcastle United chiefs sweating over the future of the player who is one of their prized assets as well.
Video clip Score: five / 5
Newcastle United suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Southampton during the weekend and manager Alan Pardew has stated that this was a miserable display from his team. Newcastle are already looking forward to next season after a number of challenges in the second half of this campaign. After selling key players like Yohan Cabaye during the January transfer window, the club has had to deal with manager Alan Pardew not being available for several matches on the touchline. He was given a stadium and touchline ban after his head butt on Hull City midfielder David Meyler.
Due to such combination of factors, the team has not been playing well in the last few months. This record was once again extended after his team lost 4-0 to Southampton, who once again appear to have picked up pace after a few months of lull. Pardew said after the match that his team were second best in all areas of the pitch. The manager has already spoken about the club’s transfer activity in the summer. He says that they have already started looking at potential targets in the summer, while he expects some fringe players to leave in order to raise funds.
Players like Gabriel Obertan are likely to be shown the door, while Newcastle will fight to keep like Remy.
“It was miserable for us. We were second best today. We just didn’t look like we had any energy at all for the game. Maybe the midweek game, I don’t know, had something to do with that, but it definitely wasn’t us today. We need to make sure this week that we do a lot of work and get ourselves ready for Man United, because that is a performance that isn’t good enough for Newcastle. It was a really tough day and we didn’t get any breaks in the game,” said Pardew.
Video clip Ranking: four / 5
Video clip Ranking: five / five
Video clip Ranking: four / 5
Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew caused injury to Hull city’s David Meyler for which he was fined £ 100000, and also gave him a formal warning. Newcastle owner mike Ashley assessed his position as Pardew’s job has emerged to be under threat. However the association said that after issuing their punishment they have drawn a line under the affair.
After the attack which took place at KC stadium on Saturday Pardew was sent to the stands by referee Kevin Friend when football association Chairman Greg dyke whispered that the governing body analyzed the incident as serious.
Pardew is definite to be fined by the FA and subjected to a stadium ban for few months. The club in a statement said that Alan apologized instantly to the player to the hull city football club and to the fans of the United Castle. He deeply regrets his actions. Alan has accepted a formal warning and also has fine imposed on him.
The incident occurred in the middle through the second half of Newcastle’s win when the Hull player accidentally pushed Pardew to regain the ball that has gone out of play. At first Pardew pushed the player and then tilted over him and then a head to head contact was made between them. Alan Pardew apologized but he persisted that it was not a fully blooded butt or a dismissal offence. He uttered that from then onwards he would be sitting on the bench and will try to keep himself out of the way.
The hull manger Steve Bruce whispered that he has not seen or observed such a thing before. The matter is over as he had apologized to everyone. Pardew is very fortunate as he didn’t get one back from David Meyler who is 25 years old or else he must have fallen in great trouble.
Video Ranking: five / five
Newcastle United are in with a shout to finish in the top half of the table or even qualify for the Europa league after the spectacular run of form for the last few months. The team are incredibly just one point behind Manchester United, who are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Right now, only the fifth placed team will take the Europa league spot, but that could change depending on the winners of the League cup and the FA Cup. Newcastle have certainly improved attacking wise following the signing of Loic Remy on a loan deal from QPR.
Manager Alan Pardew said that he is right now satisfied with the attacking prowess of the team. This has come about after tweaking the formation. The upcoming games against Norwich and Stoke provided Newcastle with a great opportunity to strengthen their push for the top six positions. Newcastle have previously finished in the top five two years ago. They missed out narrowly on the Champions league places, but Pardew is determined to make amendments for it. It has been several years since Newcastle were last seen in the Champions league.
The club has scored just over a goal per game, which is the ratio Pardew will be keen to improve in the forthcoming weeks.
“Our statistician told me we had 12 shots in the first half. In the Premier League that is a lot. We could have had more than that really. I don’t think we could have played any better in the first half. We were really good. Thirty six points is a fantastic total for us and we look forward to the second half of the season,” said Pardew.
Incredibly, the last time they had 36 points after 22 matches was when they finished fifth in 2012.